I was very happy to get to see all of my cousins just now...it was like a gathering befitting the festivities but the happiest of all, was her...the twinkle...the sparkle in her eyes...I can just feel it...there she sat...chatting away merrily...dispensing sagely advice...reminding us to conduct ourselves with respect, love and pride...there is only one thing that made her incomparable...she loved, she loves and she still loves...she loves us all...
When it was time to leave, the look on her face was heartbreaking...she smiled, patted some of us on the back...How painful it was to see...when it was my turn, the only question that will ever cut me deep came out of her mouth...
"When are you coming again to see me?"
Lord knows how much that love has brought me so much pain...an excruciating pain I'm most willing to bear, a torturous hurt so deep I'm most willing to endure...because I know I love her just as much as she loves me...as a child, I used to cry whenever she asked me that...at that age, I already knew that love hurts...I don't cry now...not that I have lost all emotions...but, I am still crying deep inside...
May Allah bless my grandmother with good health...I want her to see me become a teacher proper...I want to make her prouder...I know I have her prayers...she's with me...I won't know what I will do on the day she will leave me....leave us...but for now, and forever definitely, she is loved...
Saturday, August 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment