Monday, July 27, 2009

Thank you Pri 3-6

Today finally came…27th July 2009….the day I left Pioneer for NIE…a mixture of feelings inside…a cocktail of happiness, joy peppered with a tinge of sadness here and there…a place where I’ve been for the past 10 months…and in that short time, I’ve seen a lot, learn a great deal of things, forge beautiful lasting friendships and definitely made some difference however little…


It was around 11.30am…Ryan came running towards the staff room…head pressed against the glass door, eyes darting left and right….Esther called out for me to inform on Ryan’s presence…Looking up from my 8 Days, I saw him looking all flustered…placed the magazine down and came forward to Ryan….


“Yes, Ryan? Why are you here?”


“Mdm Rameesa wants you to come to class now!”


“Whatever for? Something happened?”


“I don’t know”


Saw the look in his eyes and I thought it might be something important….unlikely of Rameesa to summon me to class….not at this time of the day….so I followed closely behind Ryan…a thousand possible thoughts raced through my mind…


What had happened in class? Did Win misbehave again? What did he do this time? Did Collin not do his work? Did Meshack do anything funny? Did Eugene and Wai Mang fool around again? Was Chin Siong being rude? Was Rameesa having some problems?


I just couldn’t figure it out…Ryan quickened his pace…I was almost certain something bad had took place and was ready to unleash a berserker barrage on Primary 3-6…my fury was well-known by many…and certainly, not someone to meddle with…when I entered the class, Win was sitting by the door, on the floor…


“Hello, Mr Fidayos!!”…..Waving his hand, he smiled cheekily…I frowned…


I looked around the class…all were sitting down at their seats…smiling…then came the applause…I smiled…Rameesa came over, telling me they wanted to give me some parting gifts…Out came forth, running towards me with gifts and cards in hands…wishing me well and best of luck…I was deeply touched…Lastly, Rameesa handed me a card with little notes written by each and every one of them…I gave my thanks, spoke a little, reminded them to study and conduct themselves…wished them well and I bade my final farewell to my much-loved pupils…


I must admit, I haven’t been the kindest of teachers around…I scowled, I roared, I yelled…I admit, I’m also not the best teacher around when it comes to teaching…but one thing’s for sure, I gave my all to the class…there’s no denying in that after spending 40 periods with them every week…I poured out my heart and soul, my sweat and literally tears…well, I had my days when I don’t feel like performing my best but yet, I’d still pull through…for them…


No matter how naughty they have been, no matter how bad or rude or mischievous they are, at the end of the day, I am still the one they had turned to…in a way, I owned them…with love and dedication…they had been the source of my anger, my fun, my love…I’m really going to miss them a lot…I know kids have short span of attention and all, but deep inside, I just know I’m stuck somewhere inside their little hearts…if I come back, they’ll be the ones I would want to see first…


I honestly don’t know where I had gotten all the energy in those months to be doing what I did…The day started at 6.30 in school…lessons from 7.30 to 1.30…remedials or contact time or meetings or workshops from 2 to 3…sometimes longer…followed by Choir CCA till 5.30…tuition till 8 concluded my day outside…when I reached home, I’d tackle the markings and/or departmental work…passion driven, I was a force to be reckoned with…as how I’d like to see it hehe…


Now, a new beginning…a new direction…a new focus…


3-6, Mr Firdaus misses you….every single one of you…..


I pray for your success in your studies…


Be good, be nice….study hard, study smart…


No comments: