Sunday, May 31, 2009

Accolades....

"Mr Firdaus, Thank you for guiding Tze Kean for the past 5 mths. Appreciated."

"Good morning sir, my son told me...that you will not be teaching him anymore in term 3. Is that true?"

"Will you still be teaching in Pioneer? Because my son feels down about you leaving. He admires you so much."

"We do really appreciate your kind heart and support to us....Thank you so much for the time you gave to us....Can Win call you when he misses you?"

"He told me to write a letter to the school to ask why you are leaving and he wanted the school to not let you go."

"You are a great teacher and Collin will surely miss you. Take care & good luck."

Those were some smses exchanged and words from some parents when they knew of my leaving...the little intangible things teaching has brought me....

It's nice to know I have made a difference and impact, however little, to my kids...it touched me deep down inside....seeing them for 8 periods or more everyday for 5 days a week is no joke...English, Maths, Science, Pastoral Care, Art & P.E.....they may have made me fume with anger, flare like hellfire but yet, it's still me whom they turned to...those little devils....sigh....I may have came down hard on them but as a new day dawns, a new start comes along...

Sorry kids for I didn't manage to bring you all to the library or science labs or computer labs as frequent as I could...maybe next time yeah...but I'll remind your new teachers to do so... =)


Blowing my horn? nah...just wanted to share a little something...



No comments: