Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My Year End Entry 2007

The following account is not a figment of my imagination nor is it something I conjure up from deep within. It’s everything i went through in the course of 2007. It’s all truth for as far as I can vividly recount, unless of course if my memory fails me. Can’t blame eh…age’s catching up real fast.

The first quarter of the year, I can’t really recall much as things are rather smooth sailing both at home and at work. Friends come and go. Some decided to touch and go (hehe) while some chose to stay for good. One of the main events I can really remember is the overnight BBQ at East Coast somewhere late January…The weather wasn’t promising as it rained the entire day but miraculously it stopped and cleared till next day…it was Aee’s & Fareez’s birthdays…it was also the day that I came to know zulfadhli…yes baby, it was on that saturday….that week, Jut fell ill…nasty sore throat & a bugging fever eh old friend! Go drink Lemon 1000 hehe =) Every single one of Chempaka Biru was there…full force…it was nice…lots of food…chicken, hotdogs, fishballs, crabsticks, salad, a birthday cake from Secret Recipe (I forgot the name but there’s lots of banana and chocolate in it)…I ate the cake and cream while Rafiz polished off the banana….Asrie polished off the remnants haha typical of him…a night of joy and laughter…oh yes it was…

It was also the time where I got a shining review for my work and that earned me a full month of performance bonus….Alhamdullillah…shared a little of it with friends during dinner and of course, a little shopping for myself hehe

The complications only arose during the second quarter…nothing to do with work but home affair…there’s a third party threatening the household…unfaithfulness, anger, misery and hatred soon followed and it was like death hovered all around…I remembered feeling very angry…not a glimmer of sadness but more of pure red hot hatred…I just couldn’t accept the fact that things that happened in TV soap dramas were actually being ‘acted out’ right in front of my eyes…don’t these people learn anything from years of watching the soap operas??? Took me quite sometime to compose and calm things down on my side of things…God knows the torrid waves that crashed on the other side of things. At that particular time, I can only afford to think for myself…I need to get me in the right frame of mind to handle things…and yes it’s truly tough…taxing…draining every single ounce of strength I have in me….mentally exhausting…so many thoughts crossed my mind…leave the house, leave the family, leave everything….find me a new space…a new life…but leaving everything means I haven’t got a backbone…where’s my moral values? Where’s my filial piety? Where’s my respect? To do so, it’s as good as any bastards out there…No way am I gonna be portrayed in such a manner! I’m not borned without a heart…I wanna be in the limelight but not for all the wrong reasons of coz…Prep myself up and go for it…I’m fighting for my family, a roof over our heads, our rights and our dignity…ever tried going against a current? Yes it’s exactly the same feeling…I exchanged strong harsh words but not rude, with almost everyone especially my mother…I’m sorry but I really need to get things done…this time, my way…I won’t listen specifically to just one person alone…I’m truly appreciative of the advice from lots of caring people and words of encouragement from relatives and friends…I ‘ran’ from work to attend court hearings, I took leaves to see to HDB proceedings, I skipped work events to find solace sometimes….

I managed to see through everything and secured a roof…quite an experience….sad but lots of learning points…I’m more aware now…I’m more sensitive…if I’m being stubborn, I do have reasons to support my actions…Whatever it is, ultimately I only have God to thank for His blessings…and only God can help me repay back the kindness I owe to many people…oh and how can I forget the MacRitchie Adventure hehe and the ECP picnic!!! It’s one of the best memorable times carved into my mind…remember my bubor somsom in the middle of MacRitchie? Hehehe yea yea crap boys I noe hahaha…and of coz the many clubbings from Happy to WhyNot to Play to Powerhouse…hehe coolness…Oh ya I got drunk too…became a merlion like three times in a night…I think they put more than vodka in the jug of bourbon…and of coz not forgetting the showdown at Pasir Ris…wish there were more ‘fireworks’ on that nite but sigh* only Baby got the lion’s share of the missiles…where’s mine and Jut’s? =p oh well…it’s over for now…I think hehehe =p …GPians were formed hehehe kinda silly but hey hey it’s definitely fun…God, President, Prime Minister, Secretary and Citizen hahahaha….we conquered all!~ And admist all those, Kak Lia’s wedding…tiring period for me personally….

Third quarter saw me handling monetary matters….bills, mouths to feed, personal growth, friendship trials…money wise, a little bit tight but still surviving…my many thanks to my dear cousin for really helping me out when the cash flow ebbs…he gave without asking why…friendship wise, bonds strengthen, bonds shook and bonds break…hahahaha my tears fell for an ex-friend…felt like an idiot when tat happened =p that fucker sure doesn’t deserve me….burn in hell for all I care! Haha but my tears fell many times over tis one hmmm I wouldn’t really mind coz the love overrides everything else…see! Love conquers everything…kill me, I wouldn’t mind too hehe but do be prepared to shoulder all my responsibilities k….thanks =p Ok as usual, my birthday fell in the 3rd quarter of the year…Ok peeps it’s 11th September alrite…remember that pls! Had a few celebrations over a few days…hehe got many friends lah…woo woo….KTV, dinner treat at Pizza Hut, gifts from Fareez, Rafiz, Jut & Awan, angpow from the girls and xy and more dinners, a deliciously beautiful Chocolate Indulgence from ah ken and of coz…a lil bunny from my dear sweetheart…woo woo it’s big & fat now!~ *YUM* kekeke =p

Then there’s hari raya…ooh the white ensemble…love that…ooh the food…love that too…ooh the outings….splendid…and oh the big hole in my pocket…now I hate that! Raya outings with GP on Friday, CB on Saturday and Sunday…followed by Halloween at St James Powerhouse….I’m living la vida loca! Loads of pics, loads of fun and definitely loads of wild time hahahaha woo woo! Third quarter also saw many complications in friendship ties…and also some other personal relationship issues…we had our differences…words were exchanged…anger raged…tears fell…all topsy turvy…I myself got into quite a number of heated arguments…I won some of them hehehe new alliances formed…did loads of clubbing…with Kak Kiah, the boys, Ms T & Ah Ken……..Oh & of coz did Zouk & Phuture with Fizah LoL~

Now for fourth quarter, things slowed down juz a tiny weeny bit…hmmm things are more localised…I dunno how to explain that but yeah whatever hehe…oh aisha’s engagement, Abang Usop’s wedding, Alex’s wedding…the preparations were really exhausting but hell they were good times! Then there’s the birthdays celebrations….always entertaining good times spent with friends…and of coz there’s my famous heated verbal exchange with someone who wishes to control me…now that’s really something I won’t forget…I may be relenting and soft-hearted but certainly no pushover…dream on idiot!~ haha normal daily things for the rest of the year already…sigh how fast……..

Tomorrow, work’s resuming for another cycle…my third year in the workforce…how time flies…it’s gonna take up most of my time…together with my tuitions….it’s gonna be tougher as I see it…many things will take place simultaneously and events will overlap…it’ll definitely drive me crazy and up the wall…amidst all the hectic work, the loneliness gnaws in also…try being the youngest in the workplace where everyone else is like 15 years older…it’s not that I’m a quiet person but just that I can’t really find any topics of conversation to strike…sigh…then again, I need the job hence I’m tredging on…

For 2008, just wanna keep things realistic….lose 6 kg….work like a bull….take care of my health….love my friends more…..my sweetheart, my baby….as for love of another kind, I’ll just cross my fingers at that one…. =)

To everyone out there breathing, a very happy new year…may u be blessed with good health and prosperity….to the long gone, my prayers are with you…

PS: Zaimah, good luck reading my 'novel' hee hee hee


No comments: