Monday, June 25, 2007

Vida Loco

Life...there are ups and downs...happy times and sad times...i believe both coexist in a very delicate balance. It's not possible to have pure joy and everlasting happiness. Neither is it possible to be in eternal suffering and endless misery. We all experience both the sweet and bitterness of life at different points of time. My moment of joy may coincide with another's moment of sorrow and of course vice versa. Then there's also the time where we all rejoice and suffer together.

I am now sitting in one of my chemistry labs...looking around, i see my chemicals...acids, alkali, the salts and the organics...then i remembered from the back of my mind of chemical bonds...what do we have....ionic, covalent, metallic, hydrogen, disulphide, amide etc....like chemicals, we have bonds too in life rite...bonds of love, friendship, family ties, business....relations basically.

Bonds form and bonds do break. The past week saw broken bonds and strengthened bonds. Bonds broke for several reasons...clash of ideology, conflict in characters, opposition of opinions, collision of methodology...it's sad to see bonds breaking but sometimes it's inevitable...looking at the bright side of the meadow, broken bonds, in my humble opinion, will lead to the formation of new bonds which may bring about a positive outlook. One never know for certain of the expectancy when a new bond is formed. For bonds that broke, I wish they will find new stability in their future.

Bonds are also strengthened...unity in spirit, parallel paradigms, common understandings, similar goals, one target....naturally, esprit de corp and camaraderie materialise. It's heartening to see everyone rally...heading towards the same direction with the aim to achieve something positive.

I had seen tears falling, heard verbal exchanges, enjoyed my fair share of laughter and experienced anger all within a short span of two days. A beacon or a bleak phase? I'd say it's a good mix of both. So should i cavort in joy or curl up in sorrow? I have options...I have my choice....there will always be a crossroad ahead of me...the choice is mine...whichever path that I pick, I know for a fact the consequences are all mine to bear. As the saying goes, with age comes wisdom. Whether I make it or break it, nobody knows. But with wisdom, it doesn't necessarily mean every choice I make is right...mistakes aplenty...we trip, we fall, we must pick up and go on....

Nobody knows the troubles I see...Nobody knows the pain I feel...

Everybody knows the joy I feel...Everybody sees the smile I give...

I have faith in me...I believe in me...

You can too =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only 1 bond remains till now.. James Bond.. Hehe.. Okay, lame..